Re: Boca Code Interpretation

As a final note to my original question,  I spoke with the building official
for Portsmouth, VA regarding the live load reduction.  His position is a
literal interpretation of the Code.  Therefore, NO live load reduction is
allowed in public and/or open parking structures for any element whatsoever
if the design live load is 100 psf or less.  Period.

He will accept a written request for a waiver to allow a reduction but also
indicated that all such requests will be evaluated according to the Code.
So, the chances of getting a live load reduction are...  well, you know.

Byron