Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Precast panel substitute

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
The "Blue Max" (303-904-1240) product that I am familiar with is a
polystyrene segmental form used mostly for basement walls.  The load
carrying capacity is solely in the cast in place concrete which is
reinforced as required.  The walls will require a field applied finish.

Harold Sprague, P.E.
The Neenan Company

-----Original Message-----
From: John C. Jones [mailto:jcjones(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 1998 12:30 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Precast panel substitute

We have a project that is being bid in about a week with precast double tees
for the walls.  A contractor is suggesting something called "Blue Max" as an
alternative.  It is a panel that is poured in place in the vertical
position. It is designed to be loadbearing as well as take the wind load.
Thickness are similar to conventional tilt-up panels.

 Are any of yall familiar with this product?  A testimonial would be a whole
lot better than the sales brochure that we'll be getting in the next few

John Jones
Pell City, AL