Re: Floor Vibration Serviceablity Constraints

The AISC / Tom Murray vibration program will do a much more "complete"
analysis of anticipated vibrational characteristics than will any other
program I am aware of.  However, it is also the hardest to use, and in
my opinion it over-analyses the data.  There are so many unknowns in the
actual construction and use of any floor system, that I think you are
fooling yourself trying to be that complete.

I use the SJI program, at 1/2 the cost and 1/10 the complexity.  I've
had the opportunity to go back to a few floors I've designed, and found
the subjective analysis in actual occupied use to coincide very nicely
with the objective during design.  Having said that, in all fairness I
must confess that I wrote the SJI program many years ago, so I may be
biased. I invite other comparisons.

Phil