Steel Fab Shop Inspections

I will be going to make a visit to a steel fabrication shop in the near
future to look at the steel members that are being fabricated.  The owner
suggested that I go and take a look at how the work is progressing.

The shop drawings were already reviewed and returned to the fabricator and
as far as making sure he has made the requested changes, what else should I
focus on?

What shortcuts could the fabricators be making that I can check??

Any ideas???

Thanks,

mgress(--nospam--at)shaw.wave.ca

                            '''