Re: Post yielded beam performance

Recently I read a magazine article (Steel Constructor? or other I can't
rememebr)  the article may have been old or recent. (not a lot of help
here)  It was rather compehensvie in dealing with these issues and gave
additional references.  A skilled torch man could very easily "fix" this
type of damage; several examples were given showing excellent  results.
Some of them involved truck imapct with brige girders.  State DOT fixed
them by torch heat straightening.  Hope someone can fill in the blanks.