Brick walls on top of gable roofs

I have a case where my customer is building a house that is 2 story with a one
story garage.  The drawings show that brick will be on the 2nd floor wall of
the main house that is above the one story garage.

I have seen people do this on other houses, but have never seen anything done
to insure the brick does not slide down the inclined surface of the steel
angle they lay on the lower roof and attach to the wall.  I have seen houses
with vertical cracks in the brick at the peak of the lower roof.  I estimate
that the could be caused by sag of the roof or sliding of the brick along the
angle.

Does anyone have any good methods of securing the brick both vertically and
horizontally when brick is placed over a roof such as this?

Thanks
Ron Martin
Tuscaloosa, AL