RE: tilet up wall anchor

Dave

A307 ductility derives from A36 Specification (20% in 8" gage length or 23%
in 2").  A325 ductility derives from A449 Specification (14% in 4 Diameter
gage length).  The A325/A449 has a higher tensile strength (120 ksi for 1"
and smaller) than the A307/A36 (58-80 ksi).

As a general rule, the higher the tensile strength, the LOWER the
ductility.  So if the plan checker is looking for ductility, the A307 bolts
have higher ductility.

Why is he asking anyway?  I assume you are sizing the bolts for the design
loads. Either should be acceptable providing they meet the design
requirements.

Bill Cain, SE
Oakland, CA