CBC Vs. UBC Do I need another Code?

I received a plan check correction on a retrofit and remodel that I am doing in Santa Ana. The correction lists the applicable code as being the California Building Code 1995 with City of Santa Ana amendments.
I followed the latest UCBC for retrofit work (as allowed by the building department) but designed the Mezzanine addition in the building in compliance with the 1994 UBC.
Can anyone tell me if there are any specific structural amendments that I should know about or should have considered that are notably different the the '94 UBC?

There are only a few corrections other than this note and none of the corrections deal with my analysis or detailing - most are simple notes.

There was an architectural portion of this work that was handled by the Architectural Firm on the project. I am confused only about structural requirements and wanted to know if anyone who has worked in Santa Ana can tell me of any differences in the codes in relationship to steel, concrete, wood and masonry?

thanks
Dennis wish PE