Re: CBC Vs. UBC Do I need another Code?

"Dennis S. Wish PE" wrote:

Can anyone tell me if there are any specific structural amendments that I should know about or should have considered that are notably different the the '94 UBC?

Dennis:

Unless you are designing a school, hospital, nursing facility or essential services building, there are no differences between the UBC and CBC structural provisions of Chapters 16-23.  The only state amendment applicable to all occupancies is the ICBO  emergency deletion of the prequalified welded moment joint.

Bob Bossi