From: Adolfo Galvez
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: LRFD Load Factors.
Date: Thursday, November 19, 1998 3:37PM

I will appreciate your comments about next topic:

LRFD codes has Load Factors and Resistance Factors. Example AISC,AISI, etc.

Question is:

When you are designing for another place outside USA, do you still use the
same USA Load Factors in load combinations for Dead, Live, Earthquake and
Wind?, because Load Factors are function of the statistical data for a load
type in a determinate geographical area, and maybe using USA factors is not
in the safe side.

Also, Resistance Factors for steel, concrete, aluminum, etc, are the same?

Maybe a simple and safe approach is to use an ASD code?

Thank You

Adolfo Galvez MSc.
Lima, Peru.