Subject: LRFD Load Factors.
Author:  MIME:agv(--nospam--at)amauta.rcp.net.pe at INTERNET
Date:    11/19/98 11:52 PM

I will appreciate your comments about next topic:

LRFD codes has Load Factors and Resistance Factors. Example AISC,AISI, etc.

Question is:

When you are designing for another place outside USA, do you still use the same USA Load Factors in load combinations for Dead, Live, Earthquake and Wind?, because Load Factors are function of the statistical data for a load type in a determinate geographical area, and maybe using USA factors is not in the safe side.

Also, Resistance Factors for steel, concrete, aluminum, etc, are the same?

Maybe a simple and safe approach is to use an ASD code?

Thank You

Adolfo Galvez MSc.
Lima, Peru.