Re: bridge with fire-truck loading

Apparently, the manufacturers of fire equipment feel no obligation to
maintain loads within AASHTO standards.  Many of the fire trucks and
other fire equipment have both axle loads and outrigger loads which will
exceed the HS20 loads.  Best to get this data directly from the
manufacturers and compare to the equipment used in the locality of
concern.  Be sure to get the total loads with the equipment "fully
outfitted" and loaded with fuel, water, etc.   If these weren't emergency
vehicles, many would have to get overload permits every time they roll
out of the house.

Russ Nester
rnester(--nospam--at)juno.com

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:33:32 -0600 "Bill Polhemus" <polhemus(--nospam--at)insync.net>
writes:
>Can someone please explain why the AASHTO standard loadings (either
>HS-XX or
>HL-93) would not be appropriate in this case?

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]