RE: LRFD Load Factors.

I believe that you can use the same LRFD load factors anywhere in the
world.
The factors are not a function of location, but of load.  The local
jurisdiction will prescribe the intensity of the load to match the
perceived
risk (50 year wind, 10% exceedence in 50 years, ect).

To deal with different materials or load effects, the phi factor is used.
As long as the material is the same, I don't believe that these would
change
based on location either.

I hope this helps.

I think you are only right when dealing with a consistent set of codes and
this hasn't been expressly stated in this thread so far.  In New Zealand
for example, load factors and phi factors are different to Australia codes,
but when only one or the other is used both codes provide a similar design
and factor of safety (excepting earthquakes - lets not get sidetracked on
this example!).  Using the Australian loading standards in combination with
New Zealand material standards would not be correct.

I think load factors apply only to the code that are stated in.  A code
which has poorly defined loadings for say wind or earthquake would/could
 have a higher load factor to compensate and therefore be only applicable
when used within that code.

Material quality and more importantly construction quality DO vary around
the world.  I would expect material factors to vary on this basis alone.
 This makes me think that not only is it appropriate to use a consistent
set of standards for design, the construction specifications would also
need to be those developed around those same codes.  From personal
experience, it is difficult specifying local specifications in a different
part of the world where the industries there have there own codes or an
other country's code and are unfamiliar with the specified ones.

Regards

Dave Meney