Re: perceptible floor slopes

>From my days in construction, I have always felt that 1/4" per foot was noticeable
and 1/8" per foot was not. This corresponds to your 2%. It is possible though for
the human eye to be easily deceived especially when your point of reference is
varying. For example, when walking down a railroad track going up a grade as the
track enters a cut will seem like you are going down the grade instead of up.Use a
level when in doubt.

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.