Re: Brick walls on top of gable roofs

I agree with Don that you see a lot of brick supported on wood here on the
east coast.  BOCA does not allow it but Virginia uses lets you use CABO, One &
Two Family Dwelling Code.  This code even has a detail in it on how to support
the brick on wood.(Figure 703.7 (a)).

In a message dated 11/19/98 12:23:12 Eastern Standard Time,
jdcoombs(--nospam--at)wilsonco.com writes:

> Is it the intent of the national codes (UBC '97 2307, BOCA '96 2112.3  and
>  SBC) not to have any masonry directly supported by wood?