From: LibertyEng(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:LibertyEng(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Friday, November 20, 1998 7:24 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Brick walls on top of gable roofs

I agree with Don that you see a lot of brick supported on wood here on the
east coast.  BOCA does not allow it but Virginia uses lets you use CABO, One
&
Two Family Dwelling Code.  This code even has a detail in it on how to
support
the brick on wood.(Figure 703.7 (a)).

In a message dated 11/19/98 12:23:12 Eastern Standard Time,
jdcoombs(--nospam--at)wilsonco.com writes:

> Is it the intent of the national codes (UBC '97 2307, BOCA '96 2112.3  and
>  SBC) not to have any masonry directly supported by wood?