RE: Fire Wall

I don't know which code you would have to satisfy, but the only "fire wall"
that must remain standing in the Standard Building Code is a 4 hour wall,
the old Party Wall. A party wall is, essentially, a common wall separating
two separate buildings.

A 2 hour rated wall is not the same as a "4 Hour Wall" in respect to having
to remain in place in the event one of the buildings collapses. In fact, in
the SBCCI, 4 hour rated wall construction is not the same as a "4 Hour
Wall".

I suggest you verify the need to have your wall stay in place if the
building collapses.

Ted