RE: Fire Wall

Fire Wall Follow up.

We are a BOCA 1996 region and the local building official has classified the
wall between the two buildings as a "BOCA Fire Wall".  Per BOCA this means
the structures (within the 2 hour window only) on either side of the wall
must be able to fall away without the fire wall collapsing.

I understand that the advantage of classifying the wall as a fire wall
versus fire separation is 1) the county prefers a fire wall, 2) little
changes to the existing building, 3)  the fire rating does not have to
extend beyond the intersection of the two buildings.

It will be difficult to make the wall self supporting for 4 levels.  Does
any on have a lead on the breakaway anchors?
from the desk of
Thomas A. Bouffard
Ehlert/Bryan, Inc.
1451 Dolley Madison Blvd