RE: CADD: Microstation/J: Why Isn't It Platform Independent?

Actually MicroStation/J is written with Visual C++ 5.0 (I think) not Java.
But the Java 1.1.6 SDK is included.   In other words any Java code will run
under Microstation/J,  Bentley extended the Java Virtual Machine (VM) in
order to access the DGN files, with the use of the DGN Package.  MS/J will
not be affected by the recent Microsoft court decision.  If you want further
info go to the following address
(http://www.bentley.com/products/mstation/j/index.htm)

Hope that helps

RT