From: LAMPSMITH(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:LAMPSMITH(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 1998 9:48 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Rw Factor

In UBC Table 16-N, the only critera provided for allowing a Rw=8 (Type 1a)
vs.
a Rw=6 (Type 1b) is " wood structural panel walls (plywood) for structures 3
stories or less".   Is there other critera available?    It seems that both
vertical and horizontial plan irregularities should also be considered when
using Rw=8.