Re: STRENGTHENING EXIST. GIRDER/BEAMS BY KNEE BRACES

Tahir,

Did you receive the paper? In that paper, I made some recommendations about
designing knee-braces. If you need a more details, or have to see a
numerical example I can fax to you some pages of my report on the retrofit
design.

Majid Sarraf

www.uottawa.ca/~msarraf

At 02:44 PM 11/22/1998 EST, you wrote:
>Structural Steel Designers:
>
>Hello there fellows.  I am designing to reinforce existing girder/beams(1903
>steel) by providing KNEE BRACES.
>Any suggestions or lessons learnt by experienced designers in this subject,
>which can be helpful to me.
>Thanks in advance for your input.
>
>Tahir

              ~      ~           ~ ___
                       [_________]-|__)
              __________OO______O__O_O___________________________
                  |==========================================|
                   \               Majid Sarraf             /
                    \             Ph.D Candidate           /
                     \   Department of Civil Engineering  /
                      |        University of Ottawa      |
                      |           Ottawa, Ontario        |
                      |            Canada K1N 6N5        |