From: Tjb5424744(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Tjb5424744(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 22, 1998 4:12 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: lateral load to Dave Anderson

...... As for the A307 Bolts.  If you look in the AISC bolt design tables
(sorry, I don't have my manual with me) you will see under the A307
specification that there is no yield stress given (Fy), only ultimate or
rupture (Fu).  There for the bolt ruptures without yielding (elongation) and
is not ductile.  But, the Fp design load (.48Wp) at the wall to roof
connection is at a level which may perform without needing to go into the
post yield range.....