Re: Structural Analysis & Design

Our firm looked at a number of analysis programs last year. It came down
ot RISA 3d or Visual Analysis. We chose Visual Analysis and I have to say
we have been very pleased with it. Their service is also outstanding. We
bought the package that includes steel, concrete and wood design ($1495).
They also have a program that calculates properties of sections which is
extremely easy to use. It is called Shapebuilder ($195). For custom
shapes, you can export your data to the analysis program.

The analysis program will do both static and dynamic analyses, has both
member and plate elements, you can customize and arrange your reports to
your preference (include or exclude any data you desire), can import and
export data, has springs and tension only members, picture view (to make
sure your member is oriented correctly, standard models (especially handy
for shear walls, tanks, multi-story frames, trusses, etc.), good graphics
and many, many other features which make it an excellent value.

Check out their web page : http://www.iesweb.com/

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi