From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:polhemus(--nospam--at)insync.net]
Sent: Monday, November 23, 1998 4:00 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: CONCRETE: Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete (SFRC)`

NOT secondary reinforcement: the SFRC will not have any other
conventional
reinforcement.

FWIW, we are looking into it for a building grade slab which will be
used as
an operating floor for a waste incinerator, and will have garbage dumped
on
it, and heavy equipment (front end loaders, etc.) operating on it.

We have it on good authority from a contractor who has built several of
them
that this IS the way to go.

> It has a tendency to ball up when mixed in the truck.

And yes, he mentioned the "balling up when mixed in the truck" effect.