Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Garage Floor Design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Garage Floor Design
- From: SDGSE(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 02:06:54 EST
Thanks Roger. I found out something interesting while looking at the code section pertaining to the 2000# wheel load. I don't know if any of you who has read or responded to this thread had ever seen or thought about it. It is just at the end of the sentence where it says that the 2000# should be applied to an "area 20 square inches(12900 mm2)". The 12900 mm2 is equal to 20 in2 and not 20"x20" square area. That means 20 in2 or 4"x5", or 4.5"x4.5" area. !!!! :-( And, ofcourse, the 8.9KN is equal to 2000#. Any comments? Oshin Tosounian, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Garage Floor Design
- Next by Subject: Gas Tight Seal
- Previous by thread: Re: Garage Floor Design
- Next by thread: Fw: HOW'S YOUR DAY GOING