Re: INTERNET: Mailing Lists

I hope all people will stay with this list and continue to contribute to it. I also hit the delete button many times during the day as I browse through the subject lines. I think that keeping everybody on the one server has advantages that outweigh the time it takes to hit the delete button. If you have a browser that can weed out the useless topics quickly by showing a preview, this does not use up much time. By finding those 1 out of 50 it makes it all worth while. An example was the reference to the army corps of engineers floor slab design document. I downloaded it the other day and found it to be a good addition to my library. In Canada we obviously use different codes, but the design elements and ideologies are usually based on the same things. I am in a zone 2 area and although not faced with zone 4 loading, some of the detailing is similar and as a result all information is useful in one way or another.

David Handy, P.Eng
The Thompson Rosemount Group
Cornwall, Ontario, CANADA
dhandy(--nospam--at)trg.ca
The preceding was an off the record personal opinion only! (cya)