New SEAint Committee

SEAint will be starting a virtual committee to address the many issues on how our Internet tools will evolve. There is no membership requirement and SEAint Committee is open to anyone, anywhere around the world, who has the desire and who is willing to devote some time in helping recognize the needs, create the tools and establish standards for their use.

Bill Polhemus's post on INTERNET: Mailing Lists shows how important it is for us to establish some order and plan for the use of the SEAint tools by other SE related organizations and individuals that will allow accessibility to the information generated without the need to join many separate lists.

I need to strive that SEAint is a neutral, non-political organization with essentially no power in the development of codes or standards. We are devoted to the creation of tools and the standards to use them.

SEAOSC and SEAOC have agreed to keep SEAint on neutral territory - to devote the ideology of the organization as a producer of tools to be used openly and within reasonable limits by any SE related organization wishing to participate in unifying the Global Engineering Community.

I ask for help on this committee. At this time, I have taken the lead to get the ball rolling. However, when others agree to participate, the determination of who will chair this committee will be determined by the members.

Please contact me privately at wish@cwia if you are interested. A separate list for the SEAint Committee will be establish to begin defining our agenda.

Sincerely,
Dennis S. Wish PE