Re[2]: 97 UBC Adoption date

Debby Hight wrote:

Last week the state of California supposedly was to make a decision on the >
publication date of the 97 Calif Codes--maybe publishing 1 Jan 99, making >
adoption by jurisdictions 1 Jul 99.  Anyone here the outcome.

*******

Bob Bossi wrote:

Per a call to the CBSC this morning, the official publication date for the 1998
California Codes is January 1, 1999 with an effective date for local
jurisdictions of  July 1, 1999.

*******

Eddie Gonzales wrote:

I got news from a friend at Los Angeles, Building & Safety, that they plan to
adopt UBC 97, with some changes of course, by April of Next Year.

*******

If it takes until mid 1999 to adopt the 1997 UBC, maybe we should start talking
about adoption dates for the 2000 IBC.  Or should we assume that the 2000 IBC
will be adopted in mid 2002?

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Irvine