-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:polhemus(--nospam--at)insync.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 1998 10:05 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

There are services available now that allow you to run a list for up to 5000
subscribers for about $50 per year.  The one I use for another, unrelated
list that I own, has virtually instantaneous response, making near-realtime
conversation possible.

Also, it allows the luxury of e.g. archives available by email, digest
versions, etc.

That's the route I'll go.  I value being unrestrained by any exterior
organization.