RE: INTERNET: Mailing List for Texas Structural Engineering

Separate from WHAT community?

There is such an "alphabet soup" of organizations available for practicing
structural engineers, that so suggest that a modest, privately owned
discussion list dedicated to a specific audience, such as Texas Structural
Engineers, would somehow cause anarchy to descend, is really sort of
humorous (and we know we can't have humor here!)

Dennis, with all respect, do you not think this statement smacks a little of
"elitism?"

I admit I'm not much of a "joiner."  Between work, family, church and
personal demands, there is not much time for going to meetings, etc.
Personally, I find it most useful to have virtual discussions such as on the
SEAint listserv.  I get much out of the discussions here, and hope to
continue.  But I participate on many such fora of widely varying content.

Sorry that you consider this proposal to be a "threat" of some kind.  It is
not so intended.