RE: Deck Support

Title: Deck Support
Maybe I'm not understanding the question, but if you have a brick parapet paralleling the span direction of the deck, the usual practice is to provide a shelf angle such that the deck can be attached to the wall.  This is usually necessary anyway, if the wall is serving as a shearwall taking forces from the deck diaphragm.
-----Original Message-----
From: Trobridge, Bruce [mailto:Bruce.Trobridge(--nospam--at)ogs.state.ny.us]
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 1998 1:29 PM
To: 'SEAINT'
Subject: Deck Support

I am designing an industrial building.   On the edge of the building there is 2 feet from the column centerline to the outside face of brick.  My problem is supporting the deck.  The deck, 2" composite with 5 1/2" slab) will cantilever in the direction of its span with no problem but support in the other direction is a problem.  Thanks in advance for any ideas.