Re: Deck Support

This is a very common problem.A simple solution is to shop weld outriggers (I use angles) on the spandrel girder to support the deck and align them opposite the f loor beams so that the girder will not twist.

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi

Trobridge, Bruce wrote:

I am designing an industrial building.   On the edge of the building there is 2 feet from the column centerline to the outside face of brick.  My problem is supporting the deck.  The deck, 2" composite with 5 1/2" slab) will cantilever in the direction of its span with no problem but support in the other direction is a problem.  Thanks in advance for any ideas.

------

------
Bruce C. Trobridge
Assistant Building Structural Engineer