From: Lars Holte <holte(--nospam--at)abam.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Deck Support
Date: Wednesday, November 25, 1998 12:17 PM

Bruce,

I have used following solution before and it worked well.  Stopping the
deck
at the beam and then use a bent plate to cantilever the rest of the
distance.  The bent plate will do double duty as a pour stop.

                                        |------2' 0"-------|
               __     __     __                             |
           __/   \__/   \__/   \__/ __________|
                                      ------

                                     ------

Lars Holte
Senior Engineer
BERGER/ABAM Engineers Inc
Voice: 206-431-2289 33301                                          Ninth
Avenue South
Fax: 206-431-2250
Federal Way, WA 98003-6395
holte(--nospam--at)abam.com