From: J. Karim Hosseinzadeh [mailto:jamkar(--nospam--at)earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 1998 2:58 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Tie Beams

Dennis,
I am assuming that the slope drops 20 feet from the patio where the cols.
are located and that the grade beam runs perpendicular to the slope which
does not have enough set back from the daylight.

<Dennis> No, there is no slope for over twenty feet from the grade beams
which run parallel to the cliff edge. The Columns are 20 to 30 feet from the
hillside. The pad is level although there are level changes throughout the
home that step up a foot or two by choice - not by necessity of geography.
Therefore, the gradebeam has 20 to 30 feet to daylight. The columns are 20
maximum height from the top of gradebeam to the bottom of roof GLB's. The
column is exposed for about 20 feet on one side and 15.5 feet on the other.
the 4.5 foot gain is the difference in the split level and is retained by a
wall.