Re: Tie Beams

Dennis,
If the cols. are  20 to 30 feet away from top of the slope, then I wouldn't
worry about them slipping down the hill. Although, personally I like to tie
all the footings together. I don't like to see isolated footings outside of
the building perimeter. I think that tying the footings together reduces
the differential movement of the building. This is just my personal
preference, I don't think there is any engineering justification for it.
Karim Hosseinzadeh