Re: Fire rate TS

Mark, I think you're barking up the wrong tree. The lally column that
you ask about relies on the steel tube for strength.  The concrete
inside the tube gives the tube column rigidity and more load carrying
ability.  If steel softens with heat, as we know it does, the steel
tube column will lose its strength and the load will be taken by the
concrete, and without the reinforcing steel, it will be considered to
fail.

It was a nice thought, but I doubt anyone can provide you with a fire
rating on the lally column.  You'll have to wrap it with gyp board or
cement, to protect the steel from the heat.

---Mike Brown <mike.brown(--nospam--at)cshqa.com> wrote:

> I have a quick question that I am hoping somebody can help me with:
Is