Response to FEMA/ASCE seek input

This response to Frank McClure regarding the FEMA/ASCE Seismic Rehab
Prestandard is being posted by Janiele Maffei on behalf of Jon Heintz:

Frank:

Thank you for your comments.  As part of the ASCE/FEMA 273 Prestandard
effort, the Project Team welcomes suggestions for clarifying or improving
the Guidelines as they move toward prestandardization.  We will be using
the results of the BSSC case studies when the data has been reviewed and
formulated into a final comprehensive report.

We are inviting comments from users who are willing to provide
experience-based anecdotal information regarding the use of the Guidelines.
If you, or anyone you know, can suggest revisions or clarifications to
procedures outlined the Guidelines, the Project Team would be happy to
consider them.  The exception you take to the document regarding
overturning forces has been noted.

Regards,

Jon A. Heintz
Degenkolb Engineers