RE: Min. masonry reinf

Title: RE: Min. masonry reinf

check out TM-5-809-? Masonry Design for Buildings. (Should be available at www.usace.army.mil somewhere)  It seemed to have helped me solve this problem.  Seems like you are also allowed to use the horiz joint reinf as part of your area and if memory serves i used 1/3 horiz and 2/3 vert in my wall with this problem.  COE has definitive guidance on max vert spacing of your cont. bond beams. once you set that, the rest falls out in the wash . . .