Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: waterproofing

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
eric geier wrote:
> I am designing a small remodel which involves basement walls in Northen
> California. I would like to know who is responsible for specifying the
> type of the waterproofing and any associated details. Should I call out
> a generic name? Does the contractor know what to do? Or is it the
> responsibility of the architect? I would appreciate any input. Thaks in
> advance.
> ______________________________________________________
> Get Your Private, Free Email at
The Architect must specify the waterproofing, not the Structural
Engineer, as the Architect would specify the painting and other items
covered in the AIA Documents and CSI Specifications.  If he insists,
specify a single ply heat welded membrane like W.R. Grace, don't back
off, then watch him squirm.

Donn Wooldridge RA/SE
Phoenix, AZ