From: La Count, Curt [mailto:Curt.LaCount(--nospam--at)Jacobs.com]
Sent: Friday, December 04, 1998 12:52 PM
To: 'seaint'
Subject: FW: Min. masonry reinf

As long as forces allow this amount of reinforcing, we use 2 -#6 in a bond
beam at 48" oc for horizontal reinforcing and 1-#6 in a grouted cell at 48"
oc center for vertical reinforcing.

Curt La Count
Jacobs Engineering
Portland, OR

In a message dated 12/2/98 4:21:41 PM EST, SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com writes:

<< I have a 12-inch thick concrete masonry wall to be reinforced per UBC's
 minimum reinforcing requirements for Seismic Zone 3 (i.e., total vert +
 horiz
 reinf greater than 0.002 times gross area of wall).  Any recommendations on
 the most economical arrangement of vertical reinforced cells and horizontal
 bond beams (and/or horizontal joint reinforcement) to satisfy the code?