Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Sandbag homes[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Sandbag homes
- From: Nd1942(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 22:53:36 EST
- Cc: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
A recent issue of ICBO's Standards [rofiled alternative methods of construction. One that particularly caught my attention was a system of "sandbags" many feet long wrapped with barbed wire for tension, and used as self supporting structures that were free to move in a lateral load. While I suppose there would be a limit to the ultimate size of such a structure, I would like the thoughts of engineers on this quite remarkable thinking.
- Prev by Subject: RE: San Diego visit
- Next by Subject: Sanitary Structures
- Previous by thread: Re: Tilt up panel design
- Next by thread: Re: Through Girder Bridge Design