RE: Min. masonry reinf

This is a little late to bring up in this thread, but here goes:

In a seminar put on by our local concrete association on concrete masonry,
an masonry consultant with the portland cement association recommended that
two re-bar never be used in horizontal applications in an 8" cmu wall unless
they are stacked vertically (one above the other in the block). His
explanation was that in many applications the bars create congestion and the
risk is high that the block will not be fully grouted. In the u-block used
for many lintels, there is not a lot of space in the bottom of the block.

Do those of you with inspection experience in cmu construction find that
2-#6 bars placed horizontally can be reliably grouted?

Ted