From: 9424163 Á¤¼®Ã¢ [mailto:jeong(--nospam--at)mail.dwconst.co.kr]
Sent: Monday, December 07, 1998 4:50 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Glossary

Dear 0everyone!

Whenever reading text regarding seismic design, I have some problem. What
is the difference between code, provison, specification, standard, article?

I know code are based on law....but provison, specification(ex. AISC-LRFD),
provision, standard, article?

AISC-LRFD(1994) uses following sentence in Forward(pp. 4).

"Referenced Specifications, Codes, and Standards"

I can't distinguish these terms.

Please let me know.....

Thanks in advance.