From:	Dennis S. Wish PE [SMTP:wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com]
Sent:	Monday, December 07, 1998 23:17 PM
To:	seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject:	RE: Glossary

I don't have an answer on this but wanted to make a small comment. We are a
friendly group. I think it would be polite to sign your posts with your
name
so that the rest of us can respond to a person rather than a comment.
I'll write again as soon as I can help you define these issues.
Regards
Dennis Wish PE

-----Original Message-----
From: 9424163 A$1/4(r)Ac [mailto:jeong(--nospam--at)mail.dwconst.co.kr]
Sent: Monday, December 07, 1998 4:50 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Glossary

Dear 0everyone!

Whenever reading text regarding seismic design, I have some problem. What
is the difference between code, provison, specification, standard, article?

I know code are based on law....but provison, specification(ex. AISC-LRFD),
provision, standard, article?

AISC-LRFD(1994) uses following sentence in Forward(pp. 4).

"Referenced Specifications, Codes, and Standards"

I can't distinguish these terms.

Please let me know.....

Thanks in advance.