Working in Puerto Rico

Our understanding of the current structural provisions is that they (Puerto
Rico) adopted the UBC in 1968 w/amendments and further amended the code in 1987
in their structural provisions so they are not using the 1994 UBC.  They are in
the process of review and should adopt a new code administratively early next
year if everything goes well.  I suggest you call ARPE (the building official)
in P.R. since I don't know how long they will accept their current code or the
effective date of any new code adoptions.  ARPE's phone no. is (787) 721-8282
and fax no. (787) 728-8882.

David Dodgen
dodgen(--nospam--at)icbo.org