Re: Sawtooth Roof

Ed:

If I understand you correctly, aren't the 6" purlins acting as sag rods? How do
they tie together at the ridge? Are the ridge beams strong enough to resist this
accumulated downhill force from the 6" purlins? Wouldn't this keep everything
from sagging downhill? The 6" purlins provide lateral support to the 12" beams
as well as take out the lateral force @ 6' O.C. How does this calc. out?

I agree that the angles must be acting as keepers to prevent sliding of the
panels.

Jim K.