Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Timber Connections[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Timber Connections
- From: "Byron Benson" <bbenson(--nospam--at)uzuncase.com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:56:34 -0500
To all you timber gurus out there,
I need to design some timber connections with bolts through the end grain of rafters cut on a slope for a 6:12 pitch. The '91 NDS has provisions for shear plates and split rings in end grain but don't seem to address only bolts in end grain. As a timber carpenter, I installed many rafter-to-hip connections where the bolts were installed through the end grain of the rafter, which was cut at a very sharp angle, without shear plates or split rings so there must be a procedure somewhere. Would it be appropriate to use the provisions for lag screws installed at an angle to the grain and adjust the value by the end grain factor?
Any help would be appreciated.
- Prev by Subject: Tilt-up building
- Next by Subject: Timber Connections
- Previous by thread: Re: steel joists
- Next by thread: Timber Connections