Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: earthquake in STAAD-III[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: earthquake in STAAD-III
- From: "Boris Babovic" <borisb(--nospam--at)canada.com>
- Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 08:39:43 +0100
>I do not have a STAAD manual but as I look at the input, I see the same >data used as input for the time history analysis and for the response >spectrum analysis. This is wrong. The input for the response spectrum >analysis consists of values of period or frequency combined with >acceleration values. The input for a time history analysis consists of >pairs of time and acceleration values. You cannot use the same input for >both analyses. (Maybe I should try with simpler question:) I have acceleration - time diagram, recorded during earthquake: time[sec] acc.[m/s/s] 0. 0. 0.08 -1.733 0.20 0. 0.38 2.6 0.52 -2. etc. How do I use to tell STAAD to calculate member forces during this earthquake?
- Prev by Subject: Re: earthquake in STAAD-III
- Next by Subject: Re: earthquake in STAAD-III
- Previous by thread: Re: earthquake in STAAD-III
- Next by thread: Re: earthquake in STAAD-III