Recommendations needed for low end cad software

I am preparing an article on affordable CAD software. I am particularly interested in those of you who are currently working with Intellicad and Imagineer. I need some in depth information as to the specific reasons you chose to purchase the software, specific features you most like and any information related to customization, addins, productivity tools etc. I am familiar with Visual Cadd and will be reporting on this and AutoCad LT 97. If any of you have updated to AutoCad LT 98, please let me know what additional features were added and improvements made to make it a worthwhile upgrade.

Thank you
Dennis Wish PE
Editor SEAINT Online