RE: Structural Steel from Brazil, Russia, Korea or China

Another question somewhat related to this topic.

I am working on a project (steel truss seismic retrofit) for which the steel
is being fabricated in China.  Our plans indicate all
ASTM steels (A709, A588, A688, ...) in various grades.  The fabricator has
requested material substitutions for a variety of
these steels.  The problem has been the format in which the substitution has
been requested.  We are receiving a translation
of the chemical and mechanical properties that looks like it has just been
typed up in a spreadsheet.  I am curious if anyone
else has experience with this and in what format they received the specs for
the substituted material.  Was an "official" version
of the spec. available in English?

Thanks,
Chris Serroels
CH2M HILL